Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and Other Random things...

I got a new camera and have taken tons of pictures trying to figure out all the settings, light, and blah,blah, blahs of it and it turns out I actually like it quite a bit. A friend was letting me borrow her drool worthy one until I could decide, but then I went ahead and ordered this Sony CyberShot H10 and was taking pictures with both comparing them. (Although they really can't be compared, it's not fair to the H10) but anyways, a bunch of pictures taken at Pais's party were taken in the wrong ration blah blah, so they were crappy and I was upset, so I was all set to take the CyberShot back, but then I got to working with it and the little thing ain't half bad, so here are some memories and shots taken from the last little bit...This is Beck and one of his favorite people, Piper, his cousin. Yes, she is younger and taller than him, we don't bring it up. :)Shield your eyes young ladies for the next pic...Because this is Beck and one of his other favorite people, Ashton, another cousin. Ashton is showing Beck how to pee outside..... I can see in the future Ashton's mom, Tiff, and I being called down to the police station in 13-14 years for our sons peeing on the side of the road, they think it's great....Thanks to Aunt Tiffanni, Pais got her very first sucker and was very upset when we took the stick away at the end. Last night we went and saw the play Beauty and the Beast that the LDS church (yes, my Mormon church) put on. It was very good. Our niece, Hanna, was in the play and I got to do the cartwheeling carpets' hair (she was a cartwheeling carpet) We also had other friends that were in the play. Our kids did great and we stayed through the whole thing. Beck kept asking lots of questions,' "why is he singing?" "why is she dancing?" "is that a bad guy?" He would also cover his eyes when the beast came out on stage. (The cartwheeling carpets are pictured below)Before we head to church on Easter Sunday I always make us late because I insist on taking a picture.My Mom made Pais this blanket a little bit ago and I was so excited that I hadn't realized that it matched their Easter outfits. Beck was happy his vest was blue, but man, he fought me on those socks! Do my teeth look whiter?Beck found some bunny tracks when we got home from church.And Pais found some chocolate.After our egg hunt at our house we dyed eggs to take out to the family Easter party in Othello at Grandma Ann's and Bobby Boy's.It was rather chilly, so Stephen stood back at the house with Paisley.Oh, wow, it was over real quick and there was candy galore!Not to be outdone, Josh and Paisley shared a birthday cake and we didn't even finish half the cake we were all so stuffed with yummy Easter dinner and candy.Josh wanted me to stuff cake in his face, so who could say no? And that lovely man of mine couldn't let me get away with it. Both our kids started crying, I guess it's good that they've never seen mom and dad beat up on each other before. :)
Pais just hanging out with a few of her gifts ignoring the chaos around her. Happy Birthday again Paisley, we love you, and Happy Easter!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

first-glad you like the camera
love the Easter outfits!
we have the same CARS "basket!" but w couldn't use it because the cars HAD to stay in it!
I also take it that sweet lil' Paisley likes chocolate?

Jana said...

Promise me you will never show Beck the "Potty" pictures when he is a teenager because I would fear for your life. Glad that Beck liked his book - I think next time I will send Paisley lots and lots of chocolate since I can see how much she enjoys it!

melanie said...

Beck looks like he's 'sizing' up Ashton. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Paisley is adorable with her messy chocolate face. If it were acceptable, I'd eat it the same way.