Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cops and me with no brains

So yeah, I totally got pulled over the other day. I am such a ditz. I was totally not paying attention while driving home from Othello and when a cop passed me going the other way I glanced down and saw 66 mph in a 60 and I thought, "oh crap..." and sure enough around he spun and I pulled right over and reached for my license and registration. Beck was sleeping and sweet Pais was just playing in her car seat happily talking to herself. I recognized the police officer as a parent of one of the gymnastics students. He said, "what's with the speed?" and I was like," ya know, I wasn't even paying attention." He said I was going 76! Wow! That's fast, I really had no idea. I apologized profusely and he so graciously let me off, then he said, "are you Kortni's sister?" yep, that's me. He said who's dad he was and I said, "yeah, I know I picked your daughter up from school yesterday." pause, "but I promise that I wasn't speeding with her in my car!" "hhmmmm...." Then he asked if I had noticed that my license plates were expired? What@!#!?? I know that I had put the sticker on, but then I remembered that that was on my old red car, not the Impala that used to be Stephen's, so I am blaming it all on Stephen. Then I dug through the jockey box and found the new stickers and asked if those were it and he said yeah and have a nice day. Whew! (Story doesn't end here) He drive off and I decided to put the sticker on the license plate right then and there before it was forgotten about again. So I hopped out and reached down to put the sticker on the back plate and noticed that my car was moving! Yep, in all the excitement, I had never put it in park, so I hauled my little fanny up to the driver's door and threw it open and in park. (this in on Highway 17 mind you! AHHH!!) Pais still smiling and Beck was still sleeping, and my heart was POUNDING! And yes,I still got out again and put the new sticker on.....

8 comments:

Cassidy said...

hahahaaa!! Oh this one had me laughing!
And you say you have no luck? I NEVER get off scott free from a cop! I need to get some pointers. . .

Bethany said...

that's classic, korbi. Sounds like something I would do.

Jess said...

Too funny :) So glad you got out of the ticket!

Kelley Gubler said...

ha! funny! don't worry. i have MANY stories like that too...unfortunately...

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

That's pretty hilarious Korbi! I'm still gonna make your gift. The dew fairy brings nothing "hand-made" ya know!

Kathy’s Korner said...

We could all tell a story or two about being pulled over, but I gasped when I read that you had not put the van in park. The last time some on in our family did that, we ran thruough the garage door. Oh that was going to be one of my posts, which I forgot, thanks for reminding me. Be careful! Love, Ya

Kristen said...

lol, thanks for a laugh! That sounds like many moments in my life!

Ashton & Co. said...

Okay, that pic of Beck on the toilet is the funniest thing I have ever scene!!!!!! I LOVE IT! Save that one for the future!!! YOur kids look darling on Easter. Cute pic of you and Stephen. Lookl like we missed out on quite a party!! CUTE!