Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No more Boogie eye!!!!

I crossed my fingers as I typed the title to this post.... Ever since Beck was born he has had a plugged tear duct. I know that other babies are born with it and that people deal with it, but it drives me nuts! I couldn't wait to do the probe surgery. We had it done when he was 13 months. They had to put him under and insert a wire into his duct and unplug it. Yeah after all that, it didn't work. When he is not sick, it is just teary and sometimes goopy, but when he is sick, Watch out! Yucky! I have posted about it before, but I did take another picture the other day. Right before Paisley was born I drove Beck to Spokane to see a pediatric optomologist and he told me about a surgery I could do involving sacs in Beck's nose to drain the fluid, but he said it was my choice. I told him that he was the Dr and I wanted him to tell me whether I needed to do it or not. He said to bring him back when he was sick and then he'd say whether or not to go ahead with it. So the next time he got sick Paisley was born that day, so there goes that, but he got sick again last Thursday, so I called on Friday and the Dr was going out of town, so I called again on Monday and we headed down there on Tuesday. My wonderful Mother-in-law took me down there and I was so greatful because we got there and Beck had fallen asleep and Paisley was hungry and it was raining cats and dogs! I was actually going to attempt it myself? So his eyes had kind of cleared up with my luck, but I had taken pictures just in case, but i didn't need to show the pics to Dr Maher, he took one look at his irritaed, boogie eyes and said, "yep, let's do it." So then I hurried and scheduled the pre-op appt for that day and we just stayed there for a bit to fill out all the paper work and get some info. After driving to Spokane Valley too to do another pre-op at the place he was going to have the surgery we finally headed back to Moses Lake.

I felt so bad about being late to a friend's birthday party BBQ that her husband was BBQ'in for her (Jenica) but we made it in okay time and had some fun and we even got a picture of our play groupers. We have been doing this play group for like a year now. We meet at a park and let our kids run around while we chat. We've had some fun times!


This picture of Paisley I caught of her smiling at my friend Rischel at the BBQ. I think that she looks so much like her dad.



Today I taught the high school cheer class down at the gym. Beck has so much fun running around down there. I only have to teach the class for the next 2 weeks. It felt good to stretch out and such, I just didn't think that I'd be headed back to work (and 2 weeks is not bad, that's not what I'm saying) But the extra money sure is nice and Beck LOVES the gym, so it's hard to say no. The cheer coach for the High School just held Paisley the whole time and she fell asleep. We made it home by 4:30 and I got dinner made and Stephen actually got home to eat it while it was still hot and then he ran out the door to go to mutual. And I get to fold all these clothes before I get to go to bed! Fun stuff. Hopefully it won't take too long........

2 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Good luck to Beck! Cute pic of Paisley. she does look a lot like Stephen! have fun folding all those clothes...

Tiffany Fackrell said...

when is Beck getting his surgery? good luck with that.

I HATE folding clothes! I have a pile sitting on my couch as I type...arggg!