Thursday, October 2, 2008

ENTHUSIASM

I have been evaluating some of the coaches down at the gym for the past weeks, just seeing how they are doing coaching and starting classes on time and how the kids are doing in the classes. In doing this I have also begun to watch the people around me more closely as well. At Wal-Mart, at the gas station, and I have come to the conclusion that there are not that many happy people out there. It's really quite sad. Take work for example. If you don't like your job, you make it look miserable and therefore all of those around you are miserable as well, and that is not fair if you coach or teach tots for example because they are normally very happy little people. Luckily they may be having so much fun that they don't even notice it! But the older they get the more in tune they are with how their coach/teacher/mentor acts. It's sad because then they are melancholy and never smile. Why not have fun with whatever you are doing? Why not smile when you want to frown or laugh when you want to yell? Who cares that it sucks to take the garbage out? Like when the guy cuts you off when you're driving in your car, well, maybe he had his pregnant wife in labor at the hospital going to deliver without him and he was trying to get to her side. Or why not let the guy behind you at the grocery store who only wants to buy a gallon of milk go in front of you and your huge cart of groceries? Why not smile more? Don't you think that it would help, even a tiny bit? We always see all those "warm and fuzzy" commercials and we think, "hey, I can help out my neighbor." Why don't we do it? I understand that we can't control everyone and maybe some are just crabby by nature, (like me at 6:30 in the morning :) but why not just try a little extra harder? I am going to. I write this because the world sometimes makes me really sad and I don't want to be sad, I want to enjoy it.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Yep, I couldn't agree more. What happened to customer service? It really makes a difference when people are friendly. Even if you fake it till you make it, you do start to feel better just by trying! GReat Post!

The TAUFA'S said...

Enjoyed your rambling thoughts....I agree. When I arrive at work I leave all problems at the door, paste on a smile and try to be pleasant as possible.

Jess said...

I agree, smiles make a HUGE difference :)

Ashton & Co. said...

Way to encourage a good attitude! I need that check every once in a while...

Anonymous said...

I appreciate these comments. Thanks for making me think. I've been a bit bogged down lately, because of work, school, and various other things. Including the economic apocalypse we are experiencing. But you're right, why not just make an effort to buck up a little? No point in being miserable. Thanks Korbs!

Kona & Jared Harper said...

what a good thought. I love reading your blog because you always have something that makes me smile. Thanks for the encouragement!! i know i need a pick me up!!! Thanks

Teri said...

Amen sister! The East coast is HORRIBLE and I was so glad to be back among friendlier customer service here. It's amazing how one onry person can make so many people around them feel that way too. When you work with or are around a lot of people...especially kids...you HAVE to be positive. You just do.

Let's do the girls night for sure!
I'm glad you're excited for the movie too!

amber said...

Korbi you neeed TO GO TO BED!!!! I just read your comment on my blog and it was posted at 1:47am!!!!

Hall Family said...

beautifully written my dear korbi.

Hall Family said...

do you want me to send DIXIE your way perhaps:) had to throw that in there

Unknown said...

Is this a personal e-mail to me this week. I'm trying I promise...

Deborama said...

Happy smiling people holding hands, Your post reminded me of that song! :) I love being obnoxiously happy! It's fun! :)