Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and Pais' 1st foods

For our second field trip of the year down at AIM School we went on to a pumpkin patch. Teddy and Jerry, one of Kortni's neighbors, grow pumpkins for us and let us bring over hoards of kids to their back yard. (We usually buy small pumpkins and "transplant" them into Jerry's patch, so that there will be enough, but this year I found a company that had free ones and my friend Tammy and I went out to their patch last week and threw this HUGE pumpkins into the back of her other friends' truck and brought them here) It was freezing, but I think that the kids had a lot of fun. Hanna and Paisley. Kortni hauled Pais around for me, so that I could have here there because I wanted pictures of her in the patch really bad. Even though I missed her whole experience because I was teaching Kortni got some great pictures! I love having Beck in my class. He always wants to pick out the "baby" punkins. He had a rotten one, but I convinced him that this one was better.
This is the pumpkin that I wanted Beck to take home. There really were quite some big ones.

As mentioned before Pais too a few ounces of formula while at play group, so I decided it was time to see again, just in case as it is such a long process to pump for her in case she needed it. Beck was such a proud big brother feeding his baby sister from a bottle and she downed the whole thing.So now that formula is not a problem, sadly I decided to take it further with a biter biscuit, which was quite a process of watching Paisley trying to hang on to it. Then from there it was those little "puffs" which a friend let Pais try at church and she wanted MORE and NOW!

And then onto the butternut squash this morning. My baby is growing up and I think that I am going to go and cry now....

9 comments:

hennchix said...

ohhhh, it's okay! Just make another one!!:)

Anonymous said...

Just wait till you try the "crunchies" jax loved the zesty tomato flavor that gave him bad breath. We had moved on from them until he found some in the diaper bag in front of us at church and ate them by the handful! It was quit embarrassing to see my son literally shove stolen food down his mouth during church!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Awe, fer cute (again)! Wow, I can't believe she's old enough to be eating solids....didn't you just have her?
Oh, yeah, check out my blog for a cool giveaway!

tiff said...

Very good pictures. So its you in the first picture or Kourtni? Beck's hair looks like its growing. When I took Ashton to the pumpkin patch today he wanted small ones like the ones Ellie picked..... I kept telling him big but oh no he had to be able to carry it..... Pretty Funny

Teri said...

They do grow up way to fast! Your kids are just as cute as ever though.

Tyce just started pulling himself up on everything...we can cry together!

Love the pumpkin patch pictures. Looks like fun!

twylla said...

What a fun day for the kids. Children love such little things and it makes them so happy. Oh to be a kid again no I dont want to go through all of this again once is enough. I am glad you girls are so close and can share each others joys . The kids are darling

twylla said...

What a fun day for the kids. Children love such little things and it makes them so happy. Oh to be a kid again no I dont want to go through all of this again once is enough. I am glad you girls are so close and can share each others joys . The kids are darling

Bethany said...

I'm glad the pumpkin patch field trip was a success. And that's such a relief that Pais will take a bottle! She's getting so big..I can't believe she's already eating biter biscuits!

Jess said...

What cute pics.!!! Paisley is getting so big, I can't believe she is already eating solids!