Sunday, October 5, 2008

Visits and Crafting

My Uncle Tim, Aunt Debbie, cousin Kaela and cousin Jordan came into town for a relatives' wedding anniversary dinner in St John. We were able to visit with them Saturday night (dinner at Denny's and swimming at Hotel) and Sunday. My Mimi hasn't been up here since I got married and it was way fun to have them all visit. Kaela is all grown up and Jordan (cousin Brandi's little girl) too. Kaela and Paisley at dinner.
Paisley quite taken with Uncle Tim. He was so great to play with all the kids so much.
Swimming at their Hotel.
Aunt Debbie commented on wanting to make an Altoid tin, so we got busy and I showed everyone how to make them! This is after we were almost all done, so it doesn't justify the mess that we had going. We had lots of different color schemes and modpodging going on. I made the purple one off to the left with the buttons on it for my cousin Brandi. My grandma Mimi even had fun making hers. I was able to show them my quilt I'd been working on and also a Onesie dress that my mom showed me how to make. After she went back to Kortni's house to stay I finished it with all the detail and then made a black and green one. I love the tool underneath it!After we were all out of energy from making Altoid tins and eating lunch we went to the gym about 6 PM where Tim and Debbie and mom finished painting Kortni's new office and then I helped Kaela a little bit with her back handspring. Beck is growing up so fast. It was just a little bit ago that I would have never sent him on the rope swing, but look at the video to see what him and his dad decided that he was big enough to try....So all in all it was a good fun weekend with visiting family and over way to quickly. :) Beck saying goodbye to the real Mimi. (He calls his sitter Tammy "Mimi too)


11 comments:

Kristen said...

Great memories. I love seeing the gym in the pictures. Ah....I miss the chalk and the whole atmosphere of gymnastics. :-(

Brit said...

Yours is a lot cuter than the one I was going to make so I am not going to do it now. Glad you all had fun together.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have made an altoid tin with all of you! Instead I was down here all alone....
Hope you guys had fun! Beck looks like a dare devil!

The Goldade's said...

You are so dang cute and crafty! I want to do all the cute things I see on your blog. I'm in the learning stages. If you think about, pass along some of your secrets to me. I'd love to be able to do all this fun stuff!

Hall Family said...

You totally stole my blog paper after I asked you over and over for yours with no response... TROUBLE! Anyways to answer your question yes we have a birthmom and yes we will be having another little boy any day now:) having kids is so much easier this way!!!!

tiff said...

You need to change the color of your text. You can hardly read it..... My old age makes my eyes not work. Look like everyone had a good time. I love Beck on the rope. Thats awesome....

The Goldade's said...

I just checked out the Crafties we Are blog that I saw on Alisha's blog. You are all so talented...I want in on the group! =) I've been looking for some new ideas!

Katherine said...

It looks like you had alot of fun with your family! Love the onsie dress...She is soooo cute! Hey, you need to go and read my lastest about the binky chains and where to get them. I'm dieing for you to see them! Tell everyone you know!!! Thanks!

Deborama said...

That looks so fun, your family seems so awesome! I love all the tins! It makes me want to make some! :)

The Goldade's said...

Here's my email as you requested; smithnik12@hotmail.com

Jana said...

Looks like you guys had a great time - all except the crafts - I hate crafts! I didn't realize your mom was going to - I only get half the news. I knew Beck would find something he loved at the gym - besides his cousins.