Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My baby is sick!

So Paisley has had this runny nose/on again off again fever( no higher than 99) for like 2 weeks. I was so sure that it was teething and even if it was a cold what are they gonna do for her, she wasn't 6 months yet! So we went in for a well check up- NOW she's 6 months and low and behold I had won the Mother of the Year Award for she has an ear infection and I had no idea! Argh! She has been a little extra fussy, but she's really not fussy at all in the first place, so I thought nothing of it. Poor thing. So here's Paisley on our way to the Pharmacist for the Amoxicillin to ease her quiet suffering. By the way she's 15 lbs 5.5 oz and 25 inches long. My little squeaker is in the 25-50 percentile.And here's a picture that Beck took of Paisley receiving her first medicine (other than the occasional Tylenol) Pretty good picture taker huh?Here's Beck and his "punkin" that he decorated with my Activity Day (my church calling with the 8 and 9 year old girls in my ward) girls when they came over after school today.
I think that he liked the glue more than anything. He also made a witch, but he calls it mommy, so let's pretend that he doesn't know what it is. :)

10 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh poor Paisley, but she is still SO DANG cute, sick or not! I love Beck's punkin! What a fun idea! (we have the same calling by the way, pass some ideas my way if you have any!) Love the post- hope baby girl gets feeling better soon!

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear little Paisley is not feeling well. Benjy and I say that is the worst thing ever when your little ones are sick. Love that crafty stuff you have been doing!

Jana said...

That's what you get for having such a good baby! The child needs to learn how to be just a little more fussy. You are going to be spoiled with such great kids. The church has changed - why do 8 & 9 year old girls have mutual (or it sounds like mutual.)

Jana said...

PS - I did get that was your mom commenting because of the email address. Jordi really isn't that tall - Katelin is just very short - like 5'2". I'll post another picture of them later so you can see - I think it was the angle of the camera.

Teri said...

She looks SO cute...not like a sick baby. It's so hard to know when those darn ear infections come. I hope she feels better!

I'd love to show you how to knit those hats...it's actually pretty fast. You could make one is a couple hrs.

We've been meaning to stop by and say hi. But then I remember that you are SO busy. Let me know when you have a spare min and we'll come visit!

Anonymous said...

Better keep the "Butt Paste" on hand for the diaper rashes that will soon follow the medicine!
I can't imagine only be in the 25-50% for anything we are always at least 80-95%!

SAYDA said...

Paisley has the biggest eyes! She is so cute. I'm sorry she's not well. Aubrey had ear infections when she was little. Never complained either.
Once I took her in because she was pulling on her ear and they said her eardrum was ready to rupture. After that, every time she had a runny nose, I'd give her something to dry her up and she never had one again. Last month she was so congested and now that she talks and can tell me what's going on...she said she felt pressure in her ears, so I started her on Triaminic and next day she was better. If not, she would have gotten an ear infection.You can try that when she's older. Cute pumpkin and cute idea! Looks like he had fun decorating the pumpkin.
Send me your address via e-mail.
nurse.sadie@hotmail.com I have extra Mountain Dew earrings that she sent me. I can send you a pair.
Sayda

Jess said...

Ohhhhhhh :( We hope she feels better very soon! I must add that Paisley has AMAZING eyes, what a doll.

tiff said...

Cute post BAD mother....... Paisley should come stay with her Auntie who loves and will take care of her...... (Jk, your a great mom.....) So Ashton needs to come live with you so he can make some crafts... Those were really cute. You are so good a making things. See ya this weekend

The Peterson's said...

Poor little thing. :( Hope she gets feeling better soona and hope you guys had lots of fun on your weekend trip!