Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Argh...

You see that cop car right there? Not even just a cop car, the SHERIFF! Well, he's my neighbor, a great guy and his wife and 2 sons. Well, going the other way down the street there are also 3 more cops, we all live on the same street and there are many more in the neighborhood. Well, yesterday I totally thought that I had locked Stephen's car using the remote thing, but guess I didn't and his navigational system, a whole butt load of change, yes, change, maybe 10 bucks in all was stolen along with who knows what else from his car sitting in our driveway with this SHERRIFF car parked not 25 feet away. Man, people have cahonies. Makes me sad to think how bad they must have needed it, but now I'm in trouble. Kind of funny though, the guy (Stephen) that gives me so much crap for being so anal about locking all the doors and windows in our house and his car gets stolen from because the doors weren't locked. Sitting right in our driveway, in full view of everyone. Man, people are crazy......

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Aghhhhh sorry to hear that. Our car was stolen right out of our garage in Las Vegas. We have our ideas it ended up being our neighbors and their friends!???

Emilyjo said...

Oh that is awful!!! I'm so sorry. To bad the cop didn't come outside while the guys was stealling it-that would have been cool.
I am so bad at remembering to lock my doors. I never did in Logan-but I am learning to here or I'm going to be sorry.

twylla said...

Sorry about the people that think they have to steal to survive. Maybe just a test to see if they can get by with it Some people .
good cop that he didnt see what was going on. Oh well we all have sleep sometimes.

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh no! I'm glad to hear that was ALL that was stolen (atleast no purse or wallet, right?) I can't believe in broad daylight in YOUR driveway, next to the law. Someone's got a pair! :) Glad to hear you have such sweet friends who care about you so much. How nice!!!!

ShaRee said...

Sorry. I am feeling your pain and frustration! I love your sign though, great idea! Check my blog out to hear about my recent burglar experience. I saw mine!

tiff said...

Korbi,

This is Ruben......it was me.......just kidding but my conspiracy theory is that one of the cops stole it!! Think about it! A perfect murder? no, a perfect robbery!! All that change for doughnuts and coffee! I say you get your Nancy Drew books out and solve the mystery of which cop stole it!! Sad thing is, if the car WAS locked there is still someone walking around stealing stuff........I vote that you start a Gruff the crime dog committee in your neighborhood so that you can get one of those cool neighborhood signs and sticker to put on the window of your house. Thou shall not steal.....thats one of the 12 commandments right??