Saturday, November 15, 2008

Othello




I wish that I had my camera cord with me because Paisley is looking pretty darn cute in an old outfit of Beck's that I feminized by adding a red bow. :) We are in Othello staying with niece Kylie and nephew Taryn while their parents are partying it up in Hawaii for the week with the rest of the family. We always joke that if you decided to not go on the trip that the rest of the family is going on then you will get about 5 phone calls in the next 10 minutes asking you to baby sit. Mary called first and I haven't had the opportunity to stay with her kids before, well, for a period of time at least. I think that it's fun and interesting to stay with people's kids, you get a glimpse into other people's lives. And it's not like it's ever really that awful or anything. It's kind of like being a Grandma, you send em home when you're done. :) I get to be the fun Aunt and buy the cool popsicles. So while the rest of the family (except a few) are in Hawaii, I get to raise a 6 year old, 2 teenagers (a first for me) and Beck's good friend, his cousin, Ashton. Good thing they got some pretty darn good kids or I'd sabotage someone's garbage disposal or something. :) Just kidding. We only got here last night and will stay until next weekend. My biggest fear is not picking someone up when I am supposed to or making them late for school. If they are late they get automatic detention, scary huh? Imagine my guilt!!! So pray for me that I get up early enough, at least to put my boots on and fly out the door with all kids in tow.... :)

7 comments:

Brit said...

I'm praying for you cause I can't even get one kid out the door in time for school. Any phone yet??? I really miss you!!!

Kristen said...

I am sure you will be a great fun sittin' kind of Auntie....Have a great week!

Lori said...

You are a good sport!!! So four weeks ago to church I brought the cute binky holder for you, you weren't there, then three weeks ago I wasn't there, then you were there last week but I forgot, then I remembered this week and you weren't there....maybe next week!

Rachel Smith said...

Your a great aunt...just don't give those kids detention...or you'll be kicked off the good aunt list for a while!

Deborama said...

Hey you, how are you holden up? Im dreaming of warm beaches and pina colada's! They better take a nap for me! :)
sorry about your phone, and your robbery, nice sign, that will totally make them feel bad! Your too funny!

Jess said...

I hope all is well :) So will you be going to Twilight this week???? Any phone yet???

The TAUFA'S said...

You like to keep yourself busy don't you?! Hawaii is amazing and I think I will always miss a part of it. You will be a great Auntie and I will keep you in our prayers to keep up with the schedule.