Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gracias!

Here's little Beck with his red cheeks and chapped upper lip from wiping his nose every 10 seconds. Poor kid, I sneak in at night and put Vaseline on his poor lips. He can't stand his nose to be running, but he won't actually blow it, so he's just constantly wiping it and it's so raw. They both seem to just be about the same. I finally put Paisley in her room tonight and I just finished listening to her scream for 30 minutes, hopefully I leave her in her crib, so that I don't have to start all over again tomorrow night! Thank goodness for good friends! I have had quite a few friends call me and ask what they can do or what I need. Friend Kellee was at Safeway and called and asked if she could get me something one night and then picked me up some enchilada seasoning, another (JESSICA!!) brought me some "groceries!" Dinner was pizza, french bread (yummy!) a 12 pack of MOUNTAIN DEW! Potato soup.. you name it.... and some chocolates from Kathy.... Good friend are hard to find, so happy I've got quite a few around! We've been pretty cooped up, being sick since New Year's Eve, but my sister Kortni has watched them while I taught school, so I haven't gone too stir crazy. It's just so sad to see their little boogery faces and I can't do a darn thing, curse this RSV, although I count my blessings we are not in the hospital! Whoo hoo!
In fact I even made a quilt for the AIM competitive meet on the 31st to be included in the raffle... Weird pattern, huh? I just cut and sew and see how it turns out.... My friend, Kellee, doesn't necessarily like quilters like me; the ones that just "make it work." haha! You see that? I called myself a quilter.... I got a long way to go, I wonder who I think I am? :)I stole this recipe, Mandarin chicken, off my friend Bethany's recipe blog, and WAY YUMMY! I felt like I was eating at J's Teriyaki here in town. I did leave out the almonds and actual mandarin oranges. I actually kind of felt like I knew what I was doing in the kitchen. A little frustrated when I sat down to enjoy the fruits of my labors because the two sick kids wanted my attention and Beck spit out the chicken and all I wanted was to enjoy my chicken I slaved over and wash it down with my Mountain Dew..... But Pais was crying, Beck was whining, so I gulped it down, but I bet that if I were able to savor it, it would have been delicious! :)

2 comments:

twylla said...

Geee that looks so good I would like to have the receie. I probably wont make it unless someone comes to enjoyu it with. I go to Canton and their food is really quite good. So sorry the kids re ill. It is so hard when they are sich because you get tired too and then you will get sick. They are such little dolls. You are such a busy personand I am so glad you have a sister and such good friends to help you. You do need to get out of the house sometimes just for a break

Bethany said...

I'm feeling so bad for your little babies...and you too. That's the worst. Do you realize that it's been a month since we've seen each other?! We'll break the streak tomorrow :)