Friday, January 30, 2009

Mother (Auntie) of 7

Well my friends, today was a doozy of a day. I spent all day down at the gym from 9:30-7:30 figuring out W-2's and wrestling my children, trying to keep them occupied, and forgetting to feed them a few times and myself, but I am proud to say that they are all done! (With the exception of one gal whom I have hit 7 dead ends trying to find her! Argh! I currently left a message with her estranged daughter who lives on the East coast  to tell her mom that she probably hasn't talked to in years to give "AIM Gymnastics a call..." Hmmm, yeah, something tells me that that's a dead end too!) But I finished, it's done and I left the gym and headed straight to Othello to become an Auntie Mum of 7 (including my 2) while I watch my sister-in-law's (and bro-in-law) kids while they vacation away (lucky ducks!) until next Monday. Man, I am using lots of ( ). Wonder what's up? Maybe I am typing like I think when I say stuff and leave it in my head.... There have been a few times when I have had to open mouth and insert foot, so maybe the ( ) are helping me. :) Tomorrow is a Gym meet at AIM and I am missing it. I feel terrible for leaving, but I had agreed to watch my nieces and nephews a long time ago. I am going to try and drive in to watch Hanna and try and help for a bit because I left my phone at home anyways, grabbed the sewing machine, but left my phone. I know where my loyalties lie I guess! Last night was the quilting class at the church that I have been so excited about. And it was a great success, I really had good fun. We are making a block a month and then putting it together at the end of the year. It will be a "sample quilt" and I LOVE my material. I wish that I had taken a picture of my finished block.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Busy as always, I see! Wow...how do you do it all? It sounds like you need a vacation and someone to watch your kids in return! ;-)

twylla said...

Always so busy and I guess taking care of 7 kids will make you stop and think 1,2, maybe not 3. Laugh at that. I am sure they can use your help at the gym. I hope you drive very careful with all those kids. There aeesome crazy drivers on the road

melanie said...

You are your phones!

And I want to move into your ward. Buy some cute material and join your block of the month club. How fun!!

Love your grandma's drive safe advice. Too funny!

Kelley Gubler said...

i feel your pain. i have w-2's to do and i can not for the life of me find one of the employees...very frustrating.

Ashton & Co. said...

Good luck!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I can't wait to see your blocks, Korbi. Glad you got the tax stuff out...it's bad enough worrying about our own without having to worry about having to get others' stuff to them.

Have fun taking care of the kids.