Monday, January 26, 2009

Happenings

This my friends is my daughter's new face. She loves to scrunch up her nose and make these funny breathing/panting sounds. She is also convinced that it is quite funny. This was her first sippy cup. She always tried to steal Beck's, so I gave her a go with her own and well, she threw it on the floor.... repeatedly.AS bad as a parent as I am, I need a moment every now and then and with Beck's new "room" as he calls it, I get just that and then some. Stephen finally got his dream TV, so I convinced him to move the old entertainment center into the dining room to use as storage for all of Beck's toys and then Stephen decided that Beck could also have the old TV in there and I finally said OK, so now Beck hangs out there all day. I finally got it all organized a week or two ago and he does really well cleaning it up and he knows where everything goes. I also use my dining room table to sew on, so we actually do spend a lot of time in there. Now if I could just get Pais to stop hanging onto my feet....
Stephen is outta town and I made it to 8:30 church only 7 minutes late ALL BY MYSELF! WHoo hoo for me! On Monday and Wednesdays when I teach school we are out of the house by 7:35 am, but sometimes not looking so hot and breakfast is in a baggie to go, but look out how adorable I made everyone this last Sunday? There's Pais's funny face again. Beck DID NOT want his picture taken! Also on Sunday we got a call from my little brother, Kalan, so me and the kids drove out to Othello to meet him while he was driving through back from Seattle on his way back to school in Boise. I had locked my keys in my car last week and left the Impala out there, luckily I still have my Mazda (anyone gonna buy it ever?) so I was able to go switch cars, and have lunch at Grandma Ann's and see everyone before meeting my little brother. But then I was on my way into town and I ran out of gas and while waiting for my brother-in-law, Ruben, my battery died. Then I had brought my camera out to take a picture of Kalan and the battery was dead. Yeah, not so hot of a day.... Today I subbed for a class as well as teaching my own and today was rough too, but tomorrow is a new day!I have a friend down the street that has a daughter who really wanted a Mermaid tail and this is what I came up with. The little girl's turned out so cute (although roughly made) that Alizah wanted one, and I finished it last night, but she wasn't here, so I made Beck try it on.....She was pretty excited and played "I am home in the ocean" all day today....

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Korbi, you are one talented woman. I love the mermaid tail...and your kids look darling....AND only seven minutes late. You can now add those things to your incredibly long talent list. Way to go.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Those kids are so dang cute, I was at your ward to see Eric Palmer, I wish I had seen you, cute girl!

Deborama said...

Oh my word that is so cute! Callie and Eric are still laughing about the mole in the tub! :)

Brit said...

Hey crafty lady!!! Pais is so adorable!!! I love those faces!! Yes Beck is a handsome one too! Glad you got to see Kalan but I am sorry it was an aweful day.

Rischel said...

Paisley is a doll!!

twylla said...

sweetheart. Oh Oh I think everything I wrote diappeared. There is a little magic in my computer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn*t dont know what in the world I do. But then it is three oclock in he morning and I cnnot sleep so I try to do something constructive. We were at school yesterday and painted our dinasours. The kids had fun so I guess htat is all that counts.

twylla said...

sweetheart. Oh Oh I think everything I wrote diappeared. There is a little magic in my computer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn*t dont know what in the world I do. But then it is three oclock in he morning and I cnnot sleep so I try to do something constructive. We were at school yesterday and painted our dinasours. The kids had fun so I guess htat is all that counts.