Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sick , sick, Baby Paisley

I took Pais to the Dr on Monday and they thought she had croup and the beginnings of an ear infection, so she got a steroid shot and put on Amoxicillin. Today I noticed a bad diaper rash which Kortni pointed as a yeast infection and some thrush in her mouth and I just didn't think that she was getting better, so I went in and nabbed an open appt again with her Dr. Turns out her ear infection was getting worse, she does have a yeast infection and thrush and RSV! Yikes! So now she's on 2 prescriptions and Buttpaste and I have to "watch her closely" and her Dr "won't be surprised if she she's us on Friday." I guess that they caught the RSV pretty early by me not waiting to come in, so the antibiotics should help, but if she is not feeling any better or gets worse they need to see us before the weekend. Every time I hear about RSV I hear that the poor babies have to stay in the hospital, so I am praying that that is not us, or that Paisley will get better. She is a snot nosed, teething, infection, raspy breathing mess and yet at times SHE STILL SMILES!

12 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

poor little girl...that is awful! I hate when my kids are sick, especially when they were babies. good luck with that...hope she feels better...

Crystal said...

Poor baby. I hope she gets better quick.

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Poor Pais! If it makes you feel any better, Jacob had RSV when he was a baby, and he didn't have to stay in the hospital. Just had to have breathing treatments at home.
Good luck!

twylla said...

Oh my poor little sweetheart. It is always so sad when babies are sick because you are not sure just what to do for them to make them feel better. When you have time I need to know for sure if you picked the right tops for your wuilts. We are not sure they are the right sixe. We still have then in the pile you fixed but we need to get them finished for you.

Pearsons said...

Thats exactly what Kambree had over Christmas minus the RSV but croup and a yeast infection. Its horrible but the steam from showers and going outside seemed to help the croup. I am so sorry about all that... poor little baby. The prescription we got for the yeast worked awesome. Good Luck. I need your e-mail for my blog I dont think that I have yours. email me at kinzie_beck@hotmail.com

Jess said...

You know you have an amazing kid when they can still smile :) I hope she is feeling better already and that you are surviving this crazy time of year.

Kristen said...

just wondering how Paisley is doing? Is she getting better? Kaydree got RSV when she was 11 months old.

Cederberg Family said...

Dang it! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I hope she gets feeling better! Let us know!

melanie said...

Poor, poor Pais. And poor, poor Mama. I hope the meds are working like a charm and I hope you've gotten at least one nap. A sick baby makes for a tired mama.

SAYDA said...

Get better Baby Paisley.

The Peterson's said...

Poor baby Paisley, and poor momma! Hope she gets to feeling better soon. I feel awful becuase I have been complaining about being sick and here is poor baby Paisley. Awww. Hope you don't have to go see the doc again. Get better soon baby Paisley:)

Emilyjo said...

I hope she is feeling better! This time of year is the worst with little kids. I've been paranoide and haven't taken my new baby Sophie out anywhere yet! Good Luck