Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Now what?


Well, I finally got my copy of Breaking Dawn the last of the Twilight vampire series, I picked it up at Hastings on Saturday and I finished early this morning. I liked it. There have been a lot of mixed reviews and I think that you can only please so many people, especially since they sold 1.3 millions copies in the first day of its release! I thought it was a little predictable, but good. I enjoyed it and I am sad that it is over. Yes, these books took young women and moms and some guys by storm, but so did Harry Potter and Jane Austen, and The Lord of the Rings.... There has been so much mixed controversy about the books and how "young women are going nuts over them." It's right, we all want to be vampires and drive BMW's, but we will get over it... until the next fun series comes out.... I wonder what it will be about? I have had fun reading the books and I am sad that the time is over, maybe I'll just start reading them again. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of the series, and I feel like I'm totally missing out!

The TAUFA'S said...

I enjoyed the series, and it was great to get to meet you and see your awesome family.

Kristen said...

oh... I love these books too! I think you saw that I have started Harry Potter. When Harry Potter was big, I was teaching full time with and infant. I really didn't find the time to read..ha ha, now I am!

Emily Katlyn West said...

I was really happy with the outcome, it gave me everything I wanted and I think no matter if you where on team Jacob or Team Edward you'd be satisfied with the outcome, but yeah way sad it's all over! But hey only like 3 months until the movie comes out, I heard they bumped it to November!