Monday, August 25, 2008

The winner!!!

It hit me the other day that school was starting, and with that Paisley is headed to the school sitter, Tammy, or as Beck calls her, MIMI. I teach Spanish to a Preschool class of 3/4 year olds on Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours each class time. I tried to give Paisley a bottle of water while we were in Mexico when she was 1 month old, she didn't hate it, but didn't really suck on it either. Then I tried a bit later just for the heck of it, but with the same reaction. So a week or so ago, I figured that I should try again since she will need to take a bottle while she is with Tammy, "just in case." Yeah, good thing I started now. Beck really had no preference on bottles, or binkies, but Paisley is a different story! I tried 3 different bottles with her screaming her head off, the longest I let it go is about an hour and Stephen lasted about 37 seconds of that hour before he was like, "give her the boob!" Then I made him try to give her the bottle and he lasted about 20 seconds before stating that he just couldn't handle it. I then bought the bottle that matches her binky, Gerber's Nuk, and after about 20 minutes of screaming she just started sucking! I had just closed my eyes to try and drown out the wails, because I hate looking at her teary eyes, and wo lah! She took it and downed the whole thing like a champ! Yeah Paisley. Wish I could have taken a picture, but alas the camera is still missing in action. Did anyone miss giving me a birthday present? I'll take a nice camera, oh heck, I'll even pick it out. ;)

13 comments:

Portia, Jake, Conner, & Jaden said...

i like the gerber NUK to!!! Glad to see that you finally found the right one for transitioning!!! XOXOXOX

SAYDA said...

I also think they take it better from someone else besides mom. You know, they CAN smell you. Just curious....Why don't you freeze your milk?

melanie said...

You have more patience than me! I have the same feelings as Stephen. It's so much faster.

Anonymous said...

"give her the boob!"

Oh, that's so funny.

Kristen said...

Our camera went MIA also and turned up in a bag in our closet after a couple of months. The day after I bought a new one, so I returned the new one and went back to my crappy old one! CRAZY... congratulations on the bottle success! That is soooo hard!

Anonymous said...

Now the next step is breaking her from the bottle you so desperately needed her to take!

Emilyjo said...

I'm glad you found one that worked! Good luck with school starting up-you are amazing!

Ashton & Co. said...

Yeah! Isn't it a relief to know they will take a bottle? Keaton is starting to love his more than me now... too bad about your camera! Hey, did you get the shadowbox? Do you like it?

Deborama said...

When did you do all these posts! I need to do that googlereader thing. :) I love your stuff in your house! When all my kids are gone I will have money to decorate! :) maybe

Jess said...

Good job on the bottle, that is so hard! Hope you find the camera soon!

SAYDA said...

Forgot to tell you, the post for 8/21....your little princess is a doll.

Jana said...

Terry got me a very small camera for my purse but I always forget to use it. Did you get the package I sent you - I think there will be postage due. Apparently since it was so thick I put the wrong amount on - I did that to 4 packages. The kids are so cute and we love to see the pictures of them

jenica heslop said...

Did I seriously miss your birthday?