Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of School

Today was me and Beck's first day of Spanish 3/4's class. I teach and Beck was going to attend. We got there early at 7:30 and Beck played for a full 45 minutes before the other students satrted arriving and I think that he was pretty much done with the free time stuff, so I was trying to keep him in the classroom before running out to the gym, but that got the tears flowing. Aunt Kortni arrived to bring Alizah to school (her class starts at 9) and was kind enough to take my little boy with her. He doesn't turn 3 until February, but I wanted to try bringing him with me. I'll try a few more times and see if he warms up to it, if not there's always his "Mimi" (babysitter, Tammy)This is me all ready for my first day. I was excited to start teaching again and couldn't wait to see all the new little personalities. We had a fun day with a classroom scavenger hunt and some fun free play time. My class is from 8:30-10:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays.This is my Paizel Bug headed with Tammy for her first experience with a sitter. She didn't do very well and yes, we do need to send the base to her car seat next time :) She took a nap, but then wouldn't take the bottle from Tammy. Breast milk from me from a fake "boobie" is just not what she wants. She wants to see my face too, so I was thinking of printing off an enlarged picture of my face and having Tammy wear it as a mask. :)This is my baby driving away in that car, yes, my heart broke a little bit.Here is Beck at school before he decided he'd had enough.
So all in all it was a good first day filled with many new firsts for me and my kids. And with Stephen gone it just makes it a little more crazy.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first day of school is always fun AND exhausting!

Brit said...

Bring Beck and Paisley to me. I'll take them anytime! Please give them a hug and kiss! How many
kids are in class? I have 25 in the a.m. and 27 in the p.m. Kid's are hanging out everywhere. I feel like the old woman in the shoe! I miss you guys -Love Maimi
Dawn

Brit said...

Can I pretty please get a copy of that first picture of Beck to show all my friends? Thanks, MOM

Jess said...

Wow, what a day! Beck looked so cute and a little bit tired :) I bet you are pooped!! Oh, and don't worry about that party:)

SAYDA said...

Maybe you can put a picture of you on the bottle and put book tape over it so that it can stay. Listen to me! Do I sound like a concerned grandma? Beck looks so cute on his first day of school. Oh I remember those days and having to leave them in daycare. It's not easy.
Sayda

Brit said...

Wow what a fun and eventful day!! I can't believe Paisley went to a babysitter. She will get better after time. I know how hard it is to send them off like that maybe if Beck went with her she would be better. Love you all and miss ya tons!!!