Monday, September 29, 2008

Happenings

On Friday I gave Paisley her first rice cereal. She has been eyeballing our food for quite a while now, but I just couldn't stand the fact of my baby growing up! She handled it well and got pretty excited. :) On a side note, that first "sleep all night, crying" thing she cried for like 3-4 hours and I sat and listened to it, heart breaking. I went in after 3 hrs and gave her her binky and she fell back asleep without me even touching her. Then woke up a few minutes later and Stephen rolls over, "korbi, can you hear her crying?" hahaha, like I hadn't been up all night listening to it. :) So then she went back to sleep again and I didn't go in and feed her until 6:30 and she survived! We both did actually. Saturday night I put her in bed at 11 PM for good and she slept until 7:30 AM! Holy crap! I went in and checked on her like 10 times of course, but the potential itself is amazing! Last night she slept from 11-5:00 with only waking once and I fed her the second time she awoke at 5 and then she slept until I had to wake her up at 7:30 to get to the school on time. Yikes! This could actually work....
Friday night we went on a date with the Chandler's (Amanda and Klave), their daughter Lucy was born the day after Paisley, we had the same due date and same midwife. Both Jenk's came too, (Bethany and Jason and Amber and Sean). We ate at J's Terryaki and then went bowling and then to Shari's for ice cream. We had a bunch of fun and I left BOTH kids with a sitter for 3 hours! Ya hoo! I'm all for this date night. It's been a while....
The 4th Annual Fiesta Fundraiser was Saturday night and it was a successful evening ending in Guacamole once again. Last year, I believe that my dad was in on it, but there was a Guacamole fight. This year I had nothing to do with the beginning of it, Kortni and Jade started it by putting a bowl of it in my face, but I do think that in the end I came out victorious. Stinky yes, but victorious all the same. We had a good turn out and Beck had a blast running around. Some of my family came into support us, yeah for the Ashton's and Pruneda's!
Tonight was Beck's friend, (my friend Bethany's little boy) Roman's birthday. She made a yummy dinner and the cutest Diego birthday cake. Beck and Roman are cutie patootie's together.This was Beck's FAVORITE part. He couldn't stop asking about the cake.
This was Paisley's favorite; being carried around by her daddy.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Cute post!!! Thank goodness for date nights without kids :) Congrats on the Solids and sleeping through the night, that is a REALLY big deal! Why do our babies have to grow so fast?? It's making me really sad :(

Jana said...

What is it with you guys and food fights - don't you know there are starving kids in Africa. Glad it was a success. If you think your kids are growing fast - just wait. The years fly by when they get to be teenagers.

Deborama said...

You are so fabulous with your many post entries! I love reading them!

Kristen said...

Keep up with the date nights. They really do make a difference. It is good for moms and the little ones. Congrats on the sleeping progress!

tiff said...

Wow don't over do me with all this posting...... Hope your day ended better then it started....

hi this is kylee ..... i hope i get to stay at your house soon. That was so fun.... i can not wait to see you and stay with you. you are the best ant ever.

The TAUFA'S said...

Ok, apparently you have a lot going on in your life. I miss, what a few days, and then there are a lot to catch up on. Glad to hear the fundraiser went well and that you survived your night of letting Paisley sleep in her own room. Date night, whoever heard of date night?!