Friday, September 5, 2008

2 firsts for my babies

I decided to take Beck to the dentist and called a children's dentist that I saw a billboard advertising on here in Moses Lake. I called in Tuesday and they had an appt on Friday at 2:00, so I took it not really thinking. We were not at all prepared. My sister Kortni like read dentist books to her kids, they'd been on field trips there and I just kind of threw Beck in there. I got my "houseguest" my cousin Alexie to watch Paisley and we headed off to the dentist. It was nap time (if Beck took naps) and I ripped him away from his "wizah" (cousin Alizah) who was back at the house with Alexie, so needless to say Beck was not very happy. Poor guy. He just sat there abd stared and wouldn't cooperate or open his mouth. I had to restrain him as her cried while the dentist took a quick peek at his teeth and swiped them with fluoride. I kept telling him about the prizes, but he didn't care, until afterwards when he actually got one! He got a Lightning McQueen toothbrush and a tractor, oh an floss, they want me to floss his teeth because they look pretty crowded. I was thinking, "floss? Are you kidding me? I barely get them brushed!" But I guess we gotta take care of those little buggers, we gotta save our money for his braces!
Since Beck had his first dentist experience I decided that Paisley needed a first and while I was down at the gym eating my banana for lunch I decided to give her a taste. She didn't really know what she was doing and made funny faces every now and then. But Britni (sister), that's for you, see Paisley had her first solid food! Well, like 4-5 licks of it anyways. :) I'll probably giver her some rice cereal next month or so.

6 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

What a big boy Beck! The dentist still scares me! Paisley is growing up, too! She is always a little doll!

Ashton & Co. said...

P.S. I don't know about me going to SLC. We are taking little vacations all winter long...you'll have to let me know when you decide on dates for sure!

Lena Gilbert said...

wow you are brave taking Beck to the dentist. Our pediatrician told us we need to take Isak before he turns 2 and I am horribly afraid of how that visit will go. They are so cute!

Lena Gilbert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Portia, Jake, Conner, & Jaden said...

ahhh how cute!! I need to take Conner to the dentist to...i think he will freak so this was nice to read!!! Good idea to take a camera!!!

twylla said...

Bananas are so god for kids and adutls. I looks like Beck survived his first dental visit. I am glad you are keeping on top of their health. They are so special