Monday, September 1, 2008

He's gone...

The man has up and left. The annual brothers + a few friends and sometimes a wife or two bike trip has begun again. Every year they take a week and go on this big bike trip. They spend all year planning it, discussing where to go, they map it out like a billion times only to change it again and then when they get to each destination at night they squeeze everyone into 1 hotel room. Yep, a bunch of boys (I was with them when we did the Grand Canyon and let me say that it was very memorable) all in one room, sweaty, tired, one shower, rained on, snowed on, you name it, it happens to them. And then they talk about it, over and over again. I am glad that Stephen is so close with his brothers, it makes him happy and they are pretty nice guys. :) They take lots of pics and then when they get back they start mapping out the next one... Say, sis-in-laws, anyone up for a trip to Salt Lake? I feel that after 5 years of their annual week long trip, plus the weekend bike rides they throw in every couple of weeks, we are due for at least one, right????

9 comments:

Brit said...

Yea I think you deserve a week long trip also!!! I have to say when you post about you and Kortni it makes me miss you all so much. I'm glad you all are doing so well, give Piper kisses from all of us.

Deborama said...

Oh your so sweet to your hubby, love your pics. I can't believe you didn't go superwoman! Sidecar for Beck, Paisley on your back? You could pull it off! :) I would love to go to Utah! We should have ridden down with them and then just stayed while they rode and came back with them. Its not that fun to leave five kids with their crazy schedules though! :( It takes the fun out of trips!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Utah too! I know I am not an Ashton, but maybe I could be the "+ a couple of friends"....

Kristen said...

That looks so fun! I think Benj needs to get a bike! Have a fun week!

tiff said...

Hey think we should go to Utah... Maybe sometime before christmas and we could do some shopping...... Think we should look at tickets to fly. Why do we want to drive????

Jess said...

PARTY @ your house!!!! Dallas is so jealous!

twylla said...

You are sweet to be so supportive of Stevens choices. I hope they have ag good time. Men seems to be OK Maybe when the kids get older you can leave thema and do trip with the wives. Great fun. Except with women you need more rooms and more showers. We like our showers

twylla said...

You are sweet to be so supportive of Stevens choices. I hope they have ag good time. Men seems to be OK Maybe when the kids get older you can leave thema and do trip with the wives. Great fun. Except with women you need more rooms and more showers. We like our showers

melanie said...

I seriously love your grandma's comments. They are so so funny.

I would make myself an adopted sister in law and go to Utah too! Any time away from the kids for a recharge is always deserved. Elder Ballard said, so there! :)