Monday, September 15, 2008

My friend Melanie

You know my friend Melanie, the hairdresser? Yeah, she's God's gift to crazy women. I am one of those crazy women. I get something in my head and I gotta do it or I am going to go crazy! Yesterday after church we were supposed to go to my friend Bethany's house, we were gonna cut Beck's hair and shave off Paisley's mohawk, but the Seahawks lost, so Stephen was in a crappy mood, so we didn't go, but I went and picked up her clippers and decided to do it myself. Bad idea. I thought, "how hard could it be?"
So I was doing pretty good until I took the guard off to do Paisley's neckline because I couldn't get close enough and her dark hair on her neck was the whole reason for the hair cut in the first place because it was really the only bit of hair left on her whole head. Then she started crying and I butchered her dark hair and gave her a bald spot, so I decided to just do her whole head. I should've stopped before I even got started....
Yeah, uneven and crappy. So I called Melanie who was luckily over at her mother-in-laws who lives right by me and she stopped by while I was in the middle of doing this kid's hair....
He was crying and yelling at me, but I had already started, so I HAD to finish!
So Melanie saved me and Beck by finishing (and starting!) his hair cut and I must say that she works very well under pressure! Both kids were screaming and Beck was swiping at her. He didn't really like be covered with all that hair. And man, was it a lot of hair!
So these are my bald babies now. Paisley with her patchy baldness and Beck with a WAY short for me (as you can tell I like long hair) new do'. And to my defense after I had messed up with Paisley I had to cut Beck's because he couldn't have longer hair than my baby girl! I just think it's so weird that at Paisley's age Beck had so much hair and already had a little boy hair cut and Paisley had old man bald head. Too weird. So now her hair is lighter and "patchier" and Beck's mullet mop is gone AND Stephen is is Portland and has not seen his bald headed babies, so we'll see what he says when he comes back tomorrow!

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

Ok, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. But if you makes you feel any better, between Trent and my dad, Brennan was as bald as a white cue ball and looked like a chemo patient up on the stand singing Easter songs. It grows back.

Jess said...

They would look adorable no matter what!! I bet Miss Paisley will not be leaving the house without a bow :)I still have Hannah's last chunk of dark hair, you just have to cut it off, it totally bugs!!! :)

Kortni said...

Put a cute bow on paisley, Why don't you ever listen to me??? I'm pretty sure I told you a couple of times not to cut their hair!!! glad Melanie was near!

SAYDA said...

That is the funniest story! Out of my 5 kids, Anson was the only one that was bald. After a year he got lots of hair and curls. He has more hair than all his siblings now. Probably after shaving her head it will grow thicker too. She still looks like a doll. Especially with a bow on her head or something. Beck is handsome no matter what.

tiff said...

I think Beck looks way cute.... Makes me want to cut Ashtons hair but..... thinks ill wait a little longer.

Kristen said...

Ahhh the memories this brings back. I tried to cut Benjy's hair right before we went back to Othello once and we had to shave it all off. Then I tried to frost n tip his hair and he looked like a tiger. It was bad... you babies are adorable. Hey... you gave it a good effort, right? ;-)

melanie said...

Ha ha, if only you had listened to the captain and NOT me!!

I just couldn't stand the thought of Beck sitting that itchy in your sink while I drove away. He would have been there for another 20 minutes!!

Will you get antsy like that again? If so, refer yourself to your archives and read this post!!

twylla said...

Poor bab ies that have to put up with Moms new ideas all the time. Hair cutting is something that takes a special person to do When ever I tried my boys were bald and I never tried Dawns that is why she always had long hair No cutting for herAnyway the babies are dolls hair or no hair